network configuration problem

Frank J. Carmickle frankiec at braille.uwo.ca
Wed Oct 11 19:29:53 EDT 2000

Hi Chuck.

Can you ping an ip?  I am guessing that you cannot.  I had trouble
figuring out how to get the routing to work with slackware 7.  I am using
it successfully now.  Not sure what   it was that was a problem.  But we
need to know weather or not the default gateway is correct from the
routing table.  To see this type route.

As far as dns goes you would want something in your resolv.conf that looks
like this.

search octothorp.org
nameserver 63.224.68.1

I am just using this as an example because I believe speakup.octothorp.org
is currently in the shop...  Sorry Bill.  I am thinking that maybe it's a
ppp problem or maybe even a problem that bind isn't working?  Well let us
know more details.

HTH
Frank