network configuration problem

Kirk Wood cpt.kirk at 1tree.net
Wed Oct 11 16:09:03 EDT 2000

I am not a Slackware person but I would first check the host.conf file to
make sure it is setup to look to the DNS. I would also add a host in the
hosts file to check that it is found that way. Also ping your DNS server
to make sure you really have connectivity. (I have seen connections that
look fine except you just can't get any packets to or from the
internet.) From there I would check resolv.conf to make sure it has your
DNS servers listed correctly.

--
Kirk Wood
Cpt.Kirk at 1tree.net

It's not reality that's important, but how you perceive things.