down for the count

Geoff Shang gshang10 at scu.edu.au
Sun Oct 1 04:58:21 EDT 2000

Hi:

With debian, you can look at the package lists and see the dependancies for
those packages.  So if you really wanted to install just the ones you
needed, you could browse the package lists and make a note of the ones you
need.  I've not done a debian install for awhile but I think you can
manually select the packages you want, then debian should deal with the
dependancies anyway, so you shouldn't need to do this.  How people running
other distros know what they need installed to run stuff is sometimes
beyond me.

Geoff.

--
Geoff Shang <gshang10 at scu.edu.au>