Speech-friendly Lynx configuration

Geoff Shang gshang10 at scu.edu.au
Fri May 26 04:16:59 EDT 2000

On Thu, 25 May 2000, ddunfee.. wrote:

> hello,
>
> because the lynx.cfg is a text file, it should be easy to do a batch file
> that allows the user to choose options.   the choice could then be appended
> to the end of the lynx.cfg file.   each item should be discussed in detail
> to assist the choice.   for example, if one chooses numbered links, the
> option of using the number pad as navigation keys is lost.   i like this
> option because it puts web and page navigation in one place for the right
> hand alone and i don't like the aditional chatter of numbered links.

You lose this functionality though anyway since speakup hogs the numpad,
numlock on or off.  As far as using a script to configure lynx is
concerned, this would seem to me to be overkill as comments in the file
ought to be sufficient.  If they aren't, surely it would be easier to add
to these comments rather than spend ages writing a script to essentially do
the same job.

Geoff.