more on attaching audio/mpeg files

Charles Hallenbeck chuckh at mhonline.net
Mon Jun 26 10:20:33 EDT 2000

More information -

I have compared the "rich headers" of a file sent to me by another person
(a windows user) and one which I sent to myself. The first one contains
mime file type information describing the attachment as "audio/mpeg" while
my own file makes no reference to audio formats... even though when I
perform the attachment, Pine tells me it is attaching my file as an
"audio/mpeg" file, that phrase never appears in the message headers when I
receive the file. The phrase "application/octet-stream" appears instead...

Any ideas would be appreciated. It is looking like my outgoing messages
are not being correctly labeled.

Chuck.

My web site is http://www.mhonline.net/~chuckh
Parallel lines never meet, unless you bend one or both of them.