Standalone E-Mail

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Sun Jun 25 18:53:02 EDT 2000

It slows the boot process considerably on my system.

Also, I was not suggesting keeping a queu of outgoing mail for 4 or 5
days. I was saying that our isp holds our incoming mail that long, giving
us a chance to fix whatever it is that is keeping us off-line. This is
sufficient to hold mail should the server go down at the beginning of a
three or four day holliday weekend--assuming no one would go in just to
fix mail for a company that's not open for business.