Standalone E-Mail

brent harding bharding at greenbaynet.com
Sun Jun 25 19:01:45 EDT 2000

I don't know what exim's default behavior is. I had a really hard time
getting majordomo to work, because I had to set a user for piped aliases to
run under, I chose mail, it seems to work good now. What happens if you set
pine to use the isp's server? Then it'll probably fail. My isp doesn't care
which way I do it, the mail goes out whether or not I use my system or
their system to send mail out, but if I use mine, the from header isn't
right because I use a dynamic dns service to map my ip to a name, and it
sends from that address. That's the whole business that I'd need something
to handle mail when I'm offline so I can use my local delivery in pine, so
I don't have to switch smtp servers in tons of locations across the system
when I switch providers.