speakup at university

Dave Hunt wx1g at connact.com
Sat Jun 3 15:05:10 EDT 2000

My suggestion would be that you make and use your own boot disk.  That
way, when you're done with the work station, all you need do is reboot it
in the way that your university's computing department has set up the work
station.  I would ask the university what device support they've compiled
into heir kernels (modules etc), so your boot disk kernel matches the
default kernel in all respects, with the addition of Speakup.  I'm sure
they will cooperate!  For added portibility, you should compile Speakup
with support for an outboard synthesizer like the Doubletalk LT, so you
can use any available work station.

Good Luck,

Dave