a ton of questions

Thomas Ward tward at bright.net
Sat Dec 30 23:59:01 EST 2000

Hi, Gregory. If you are truely interrested in having a multiple Operating
System machine you may want to concidder something called the Trio drive
selecter. I found it the best thing to use when programming under multiple
Operating Systems.
What this Trio does is hook up to your primary hard drive controler and you
can install up to three hard drives to the Trio Selecter.
I am a college student like you learning programming, and how my system is
setup I can press a button on the Trio for Drive A, and my system will load
drive A with  Windows Millennium and I can do work with Visual C++ Visual
Basic, and so on. When I push B on the Trio the selecter switches to the
second drive in my computer, and boots directly into Red Hat 7.0.
Then, you stillhave an option for a third drive which can be used as a beta
drive to test applications you built, or have other distros of Linux, or so
on.
While lilo can manage multiple operating systems it has its draw backs. For
example if you reinstall Windows it will over write the mbr, and having
several operating systems eats away at drive space. Now hard drives are
really cheap, and you can have 10 and 15 gig drives for less than $100.00
depending on where you look.