a ton of questions

Gregory Nowak romualt at megsinet.net
Sat Dec 30 23:11:04 EST 2000

Hi Kirk,

Thanks for the crash course. I'mfamilar with how drives and partitions work
under unix. The drive in question is not being recognized by linux. I've
confirmed that beyond a doubt. This board has 4 ide channels which can
support upto 2 drives each. The first 2 are regular ide, and linux sees
drives on them fine. The other 2 (the contolers) are not totally regular
ide. I'm not sure how to exactly explain what they are, but they're not
regular ide channels like the standard ones in modern systems. Perhaps the
person that once mentioned having the same mother board as mine will respond
to my earlier post and clear up the mystery. Again, thanks for your help.