small successes

Frank Carmickle frankiec at braille.uwo.ca
Thu Dec 21 23:48:57 EST 2000

Chuck!

Alsa loves to not clean up it's source tree.  It's very dependent on which
kernel version you are running.  That's ok accept when moving from
bla.bla.bla. of the kernel to bla.bla.bla++, it may or may not need to
rebuild some of the object files.  It doesn't appear to be smart enough to
know that some of them aren't cool and have to be rebuilt.  I would
imagine that a make clean would make this work ok but it's not the first
time that I have seen it get squirly.  I have not played with the make
mrproper function for alsa.  This may be the answer.  However when in
doubt just untar the tarball again and see what happens.

Frank who also has just moved to 2.2.18 with cvs and alsa 0.5.10 but
didn't yet compile the modules for his tv tuner and radio card