trouble with debian

William Hubbs kc5eiv at airmail.net
Sat Aug 26 14:23:24 EDT 2000

Hi all,

I am attempting to install Debian from the disks at the speakup site and
having a problem.

The problem is that after I configure the keyboard, initialize and mount all
partitions and install the kernel and modules, the system still thinks I
need to install the kernel and the modules.

I am installing them from driver disks.  It reads them fine and says that it
is installing them, but when the main menu comes back, the "next" indicator
shows that I need to install them again.  What have I missed?

Thanks,

William