Upgrading in RedHat and Debian?

Geoff Shang gshang10 at scu.edu.au
Sat Aug 26 02:12:44 EDT 2000

Hi:

The apt manpages should be installed, as apt should be part of the base
system.  I don't know if there are any manpages for general programs, but
I'm happy to send any you want to see.

In addition to using apt-cache as I said before, you can get the files
called Packages in the various subsections of the debian release
(e.g. main, contrib, etc).  This is a text file containing a list of all
the packages.  Note that a good way to see if something is for Xwindows or
not is if a dependant package is xlib6g.  If it is, it probably needs X so
I'd leave it alone.

Geoff.

--
Geoff Shang <gshang10 at scu.edu.au>