trouble with debian

Kerry Hoath kerry at gotss.eu.org
Sun Aug 27 04:26:56 EDT 2000

There is currently a missmatch between the kernel on the official Debian cds
and the kernel on the speakup disks. The official kernel on the Debian cd
is 2.2.17-pre6 but the speakup one is 2.2.13 or so. This means if you intend
to install with speakup; you _must_ get your driver disks and boot disk and
root disk *from the speakup sight*.
The upshot of this is you get an older kernel but you can upgrade that later.
I should really help compile some more new Debian kernels and update the
potato images to what stable actually is.

Regards, Kerry.