Direction Shift

Frank Carmickle frankiec at braille.uwo.ca
Tue Jun 5 14:01:27 EDT 2001

A taxi passenger tapped the driver on the shoulder to ask him a question.

The driver screamed, lost control of the car, nearly hit a bus, went up on
the footpath, and stopped centimetres from a shop window. For a second
everything went quiet in the cab, then the passenger apologized and said
he didn't realize that a little tap could scare him so much. The driver
replied "Sorry, it's not really your fault. Today is my first day as a cab
driver - I've been driving 'hearses' for the last 25 years!!!!!"