Speakup Pausing for Punctuation?

Chime Hart chime at hubert-humphrey.com
Sat Feb 9 10:48:50 EST 2019

Well earlier this week I began noticing an obvious pausing, as if
Speakup-and-this DecTalk U S B were set to sentenses instead of words? In
examining the screen, looks like even though I have both punctuation settings on
0  it seems to be pausing where they exist. I also though there were toggles
like in NVDA or JAWS where you can switch among charactors, words, or sentenses
with an inster+v or an insert+s to turn on-and-off speech? Might their be a way
to switch this off? I am in Debian
Generating /boot/initrd.img-4.19.0-2-amd64
These pauses are really anoying-and-missLeading, while you think a line is
ended. Thanks so much in advance
Chime