speakup and frame buffer?

John G Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Wed Jun 22 16:06:23 EDT 2016

I now think my problem must be with the speakup_ltlk module. I compiled
a kernel with the "return null" line commented out. So the speakup_ltlk
module loads. And it even works sometimes. I'm not sure what I did to
make it work for a while there. Mostly I just get silence from the
hardware speech synth. Sometimes it speaks random characters.