Hello

KatolaZ katolaz at freaknet.org
Sat Jun 4 14:25:00 EDT 2016

Hi there,

I am the guy working on the minimal Devuan live images, and as you
might remember I am interested in making those live ISOs usable by
visually impaired users, although my experience in this field is
*very* *limited*. You can find the current images (still in
development) at the following URL:

  http://devuan.kalos.mine.nu

These images ship with espeak/espeakup, brltty, and yasr by default. I
have exchanged a few emails with Greg Nowak on this matter, and he
suggested me to join this mailing-list, to speed-up the process of
getting feedback and asking you for useful features.

Following the comments forwarded by some of you, I am currently
working on providing an accessible run-level on those live-images,
which will include:

1) audible feedback during the boot;

2) automatic login for root and regular user, to speedup
configuration;

3) hopefully, configuration of the sound card to use with
espeak/espeakup.

If you don't mind, I will post updates on my progress here, every now
and then, and I would be grateful to you for any comment, suggestion,
critic that you would be so kind to provide.

Thanks in advance for any help you will be able to provide.

HND

KatolaZ

[       @)   http://kalos.mine.nu ---  GNU/Linux User: #325780  ]
[ (@@@)  @KatolaZ -- jab: katolaz at jabber.org -- skype: katolaz  ]