ot, wrn.org

Chris Brannon cmbrannon79 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 22:50:49 EDT 2009

Gregory Nowak wrote:
> apologies for the off topic post, but in my defense, it does concern
> accessibility

Hi Greg,
You bet it does!

> 1. Can others confirm that it isn't possible to download programs
> from their site?

Yes.  Apparently, they use way too much javascript.  I didn't bother to look
at their page source, so I don't know whether there is an easy workaround.
For what it's worth, I use edbrowse.

If you are interested in streams, rather than downloads, there is a very
easy way to listen to them.  Have a look at a tool called shoutcast-search.
It's homepage is here: http://www.k2h.se/code/shoutcast-search.html
If it isn't packaged for your distro, you should have little difficulty
installing it from source.
Here is one of the listings that I see when I execute the command
"shoutcast-search -v WRN":

WRN English North America - wrn.org - [SHOUTcast.com] [64kbps audio/mpeg]
	http://yp.shoutcast.com/sbin/tunein-station.pls?id=964853
	my own, 0 listeners
	Now playing:

The "yp.shoutcast.org" link points to a playlist.  You can use it with
mplayer like so:
mplayer -playlist http://yp.shoutcast.com/sbin/tunein-station.pls?id=964853

Hope this helps,
-- Chris

PS.  Didn't these guys used to provide downloadable programs on an FTP
site?  Maybe I imagined it.  They don't do so now, as far as I can tell.