clipboard integration -- possible security implications

William Hubbs w.d.hubbs at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 11:38:10 EDT 2009

Hi again Tony,

as far as I know, speakup can't write environment variables.  Even if it
did, they would not be accessible to you in your login session since the
environment is different for every session.

How do you define the current user?  It can't be the one who is
logged in since multiple users can be logged in even on a machine that
doesn't have network access (you can log into one vt as root and another
as yourself for example).

That puts us back in a situation where the files you are talking about
have to be only accessible to root and you would have to find another
way to create the random file name you are talking about.

What do you think?

William