New git repository linux-speakup.org website active

Kirk Reiser kirk at braille.uwo.ca
Sun May 31 18:34:29 EDT 2009

Hello everybody: We have finally managed to get the new
linux-speakup.org website up and active.  I want to thank Steve Dawes
for putting together the primary version of the site.

I also want to thank William Hubbs and Chris Brannon for helping me
get this working correctly.  It replaces our standard web pages and if
you'd like to work on the site you can get a copy from git clone
http://linux-speakup.org/speakup-web.git.  You can send any changes
you have as patches to myself or webmaster at linux-speakup.org.  If you
make regular changes we will happily set you up an account to directly
make changes.

Many of you have expressed an interest in having a wiki portion of the
site so users can directly make their experiences and useful tips
available.  I will work on setting something up and place a link on
the site when it's ready for prime-time.

Sometime over the next two months I will be moving linux-speakup.org
back to my university servers so our bandwidth should go back up to
decent speeds.  I will also attempt to make the site available through
ipv6 for folks into moving the network forward.

If anyone is interesting in mirroring our site you can clone the
repository and grab a copy of the ftp area from either our site or
John Heims mirror and send me a link to place on the site or update
the front page and send me a diff.

Once again thank you to everyone involved in bringing this together.
I really appreciate your help.
   Kirk
phone: (519) 661-3061