OT: Emacspeak and Fedora

Alastair Irving alastair.irving at sjc.ox.ac.uk
Fri May 29 17:09:53 EDT 2009

Hi

You'd probably be better off asking this on the emacspeak list, see
http://www.cs.vassar.edu/~priestdo/emacspeak/

I expect that you need to compile the speech server for the appropriate
synth, these can be found in
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacspeak/servers (or similar), and you will
then also need to configure emacspeak to use that server, probably by
setting the DTK_PROGRAM environment variable.

I know this is rather vague but the specifics vary depending on the
distro and the choice of server, in some cases you have to edit the
server makefiles, etc.  Its probably best looking at the emacspeak list
archives and then asking on there if you need further advice.

Alastair Irving