Another *possible* bug?

Gaijin gaijin at clearwire.net
Fri May 29 15:00:51 EDT 2009

	Hello again,

	Another possible bug I've found is when editing in vim, is
whenusing brackets, parens, and curly brackets.  When typing the
following, these characters are not spoken correctly when typed.  While
in vim, type:

().

	The above is spoken as Left paren, Left paren, silence.  The
period is not spoken  While cursoring over the line above, the
characters are spoken correctly.
	I am running a LiteTalk (LTLK) synthesizer, and produced this
while in "Cursoring On" mode, and it seems to be in every version  of
SpeakUP I've used, since 2.0, LTLK 1.1, the Shane Debian kernel, my
first SpeakUP kernel used.
	This only seems to happen in vim, and not in other areas, like
the bash command line,, so I don't know if it's an ANSI, bim, or whatever
bug, or if it's just the way vim handles screen navigation.  Sorry to
not have mentioned it before, as I had assumed it was just vim,  and not
something that might be in Speakup.  Also, typing the following:

[ ] 1

...is  spoken Left Bracket, silence, silence, silence, One, for another
example that can be tested.  Backspacing over characters in bim is
silent, unlike in the bash command line.  HTH,

			Michael