Accessible Ubuntu Installation?

Glenn Ervin GlennErvin at cableone.net
Sun May 24 14:15:24 EDT 2009

Along with what Greg gave, you might want to know that if you use the Orca
software synth, and you begin the install, it will quit talking once it gets
to the disk partitioner.
The way around this is to not start the install that is on the desktop, but
to go to a terminal, and login as administrator by doing:
sudo su
Then you unload Orca with insert + Q
You will have to tab to quit and press enter.
Then you reload orca as such:
"orca --no -setup --disable main-window&"
Then it may not speak while you are typing, but type in the following:
"ubiquity"
and press enter, and you will get an accessible install, including the
partitioner.
HTH.
Glenn