open vpn

Kerry Hoath kerry at gotss.net
Tue May 5 01:25:09 EDT 2009

You can't bypass throttling at the isp as they control the send bandwidth
not you.
As for throttling torrents etc putting them inside a vpn would hide the
trafic from your isp but they could just throttel your connection based on
volume.

They could also limit the speed of vpn trafic if they thought your usage was
excessive.
Also you'd have to put everyone on vpns for torrents to work; not a trivial
procedure.
Regards, Kerry.