USB Audio Device Suggestions?

Michael Whapples mwhapples at aim.com
Mon May 4 13:22:58 EDT 2009

You may wish to look at the ALSA preferred soundcards page at
http://alsa.opensrc.org/index.php/Alsa_Preferred_Soundcards and the ALSA
soundcard matrix (linked to from the preferred soundcards page).

I have a SoundBlaster Audigy2 NX. It works under Linux and as I remember
(I haven't used it for a bit) there is a problem with 44.1 KHz sample
rates although it worked fine for other sample rates with ALSA. It does
work under windows but requires the creative labs drivers (Windows may
include them now, I don't know, windows certainly  needed creative's
drivers when I bought it). Also as a note (remembering your other recent
question) the audigy2 NX needs a power connection. I don't know whether
the audigy2 NX is what you need, its the only USB audio device I
personally have had experience with, may be those two references will
help you choose something suitable.

Michael Whapples