making speakup speed up

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Fri Aug 22 06:27:55 EDT 2008

Gregory Nowak wrote:
> Read the speakup user's guide.

Greg, sorry but this is bad advice.  The guide is hopelessy outdated.
I'm sure it doesn't deal with the new speakup.synth or /sys/module
syntax.  I don't think it mentions git either.  I'm thinking about
redoing the guide as more of a getting started document.  I really don't
know why Samuel ships it as a Debian package because it's mostly useless
from what I'm remembering when I read it.  I suppose some docs are
better than none but I wouldn't recommend it.