debian install problems went away

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Sun Aug 17 22:27:53 EDT 2008

When I had problems installing podracer among other programs on lenny, it
was because of the inability of dpkg to actually do clean upgrades and
clear out old artifacts from earlier systems.  A little earlier I
installed Linux using Samuel Thibault's mini-beep.iso and once done I had
no problems installing any of the problem packages.  Also, the celeron has
a defective cmos which has already caused repeated problems so that slowed
things down a bit finding out what was really going on.