Feedback on the New Espeakup Connecter

Zachary Kline klinez at onid.orst.edu
Tue Aug 5 20:36:36 EDT 2008

Steve Holmes wrote:

Hi,
    I have had some speech loss, but it always returns a few seconds
later.  I don't really mind it, and it's infrequent.  When I used
spk-connect-ttsynth, I had speech loss similar to what you describe.  I
had to kill that program quite often, whereas Espeakup I don't need to.
    I'm afraid I don't know how to solve your dmix issue: Alsa just
works for my sound card, even when mplayer is running.
Best,
Zack.