ldconfig problem

Gaijin gaijin at clearwire.net
Mon Oct 22 13:14:53 EDT 2007

"Sergei V. Fleytin" <fleytin&yandex,ru> wrote:

 > I just decided to upgrade my Ubuntu Feisty system to Gutsy and run
 > into following problem after upgrade.

     Hello Sergei,

     How did you upgrade?  Did you...

apt-get dist-upgrade

...to Gutsy, or upgrade from CD?  I can only relate my own experience
with dpkg in Debian on the subject.  I tried the dist-upgrade route in
Debian from Potato to Woody, and although it didn't break the system, it
sure left a mess.  I ended up having to do a scratch install of Woody
from CD to clean up everything.
     If you've installed or upgraded from CD, then it sounds like your
hardware isn't fully supported.  I wish I could offer more help, but I
no longer use dpkg based Linux distros.  (Personal preference; I don't
learn nearly enough when the computer does it all for me.)

         Michael