debian packages

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Sat Oct 13 09:42:48 EDT 2007

erasing /var/lib/dpkg/info/xorg.conf.md5sums as well as /etc/X11/xorg.conf
and all backups of /etc/X11/xorg.conf.* just generated the same error
output as was happening before when dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg was run.
The debian version of X is so far as I can tell very broken.  The thing
is, I had superuser access at the time I did all of this.  The only other
thing left to try is real root access from login while the system is off
line to do this configuration.  If that doesn't work, I have no more
ideas.