Espeak Problems

Hynek Hanke hanke at brailcom.org
Tue Feb 27 17:50:02 EST 2007

On Tue, 2007-02-27 at 14:57 -0700, Steve Holmes wrote:
> That's interesting about the -t option.  I'm pretty sure I run
> speechd-up with no options and I can still control punctuation with
> Speakup's punct level controls.  You got me wondering now.:)

Either you are using an old version of speechd-up or you have already
succeeded in adding the missing functionality to Speech Dispatcher
generic output module ;)

Without -t, speechd-up will rewrite the punctuation tables of Speakup.
Thus punctuation can be handled in the synthesizer itself and
internationalization and better intonation are possible.

With Regards,
Hynek