[ot] how do I change the search directory path for gcc

Sean McMahon smcmahon at usgs.gov
Fri Feb 23 16:51:42 EST 2007

On one of our non-linux, unix-based systems, gcc is using the wrong bersion of
ld, the linker.  I need to make it use the correct version of ld and when I
printed the search path,the incorrect version of ld which was in /usr/ccs/bin
came up before the correct version which is in /usr/opt/bin.How do I change this
search path to look in /usr/opt/bin before /usr/ccs/bin or, alternatibely, how
do I make gcc use my own path, which is set correctly to look in /usr/opt/bin
before /usr/ccs/bin?  I have attempted to rtfm, that is the man page, with no
luck so far.  If you know that this information is in the man page or some other
documentation which I should have, please point me in the right direction.  Your
help is greatly appreciated.
Sean