O.T. ESpeak Windows version doesn't work

Michael Whapples mikster4 at msn.com
Mon Feb 19 11:10:19 EST 2007

That currancy thing, it is common for TTS to say sign first. Even if that
rule was to be changed, I don't think it would ever be fully corrected, as
sometimes I have found websites where the currancy sign is separated from
the number by a space, etc.

The year, again could this really be corrected properly? Would something get
nineteen ninety nine visits? Many people say that this year is two thousand
and seven, so the rule to refer to numbers as numbers to me makes more
sense, than making four digits a year. The only possible exception is when
giving a date eg. 12/02/1997 is possibly very unlikely to be anything else.

You don't want software which tries to be too clever and tell you what you
have, but it gets it wrong. As an example, the UK RealSpeak seems to think I
have manuscript word in windows.

Generally the user is the one who understands the text, so I would say leave
it that way.

From
Michael Whapples