(OT) IPTables Configuration

Adam MacLeod adam at adamm.ca
Sat Feb 17 12:53:10 EST 2007

Dear List:
I'm sorry that this is off topic.
I have a question. Can someone please download http://www.geocities.com/steve93138/kiss-2.1.tar.gz and take a look at it? Its an iPTables firewall script, and my question is this. In the way he has configured it, how would you configure differing rules for aliased IP addresses, such as eth0:1, eth0:2, etc? I am firewaling the new server at AdamMHosting.com, and I have 5 IP addresses that I would like to configure differing rules on. Most will be the same, but on some of the interfaces, I want to forward some ports, and others I do not.
If you take the filename off the end of that URL http://www.geocities.com/steve93138// you get the creator's web site with some very simple explanations.

If anyone can assist me, it would be greatly apreciated, and if this script isn't the best for a web server/mail server/DNS server, and if you have alternate suggestions, let me know.
I am not very experienced with iPTables, and I have seen posts on this list that would indicate that there are people here who have far far greater knowledge in that area.

Regards:
Adam macLeod