a flood of packages

Littlefield, tyler compgeek13 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 19:25:24 EST 2007

Hello list,
Well, my subject is right down to the point and literal.
Here's what I ended up doing.
I downloaded the mini.iso file from the debian.org ftp site. Nice, small. I hoped this would let me get just the minimal basics, and go from there. Not so lucky.
With shane's version, my hd had three percent showing used, with this version, it downloaded every version, and I literally mean every version of every package. I have 14% of my hd being used.
how do I know what the system needs?
Also, when I remove things, how do I know if it will leave empty directories behind?
Thanks,
Tyler Littlefield
phone:
(888) 767-3893