speechd-up randomly dies on AMD64

Hynek Hanke hanke at brailcom.org
Fri Feb 9 07:57:22 EST 2007

Lorenzo Taylor píše v Čt 08. 02. 2007 v 22:17 -0500:
> I got the latest CVS speechd-up as suggested, but I am having nearly the
> same problem.  The death of speechd-up occurs slightly less frequently,
> but it still only runs for a few minutes at a time.  Most of the time I
> can just run sudo speechdup to restart it, but sometimes I have to
> restart speech-dispatcher before I can run speechd-up again.

That's bad.

>   Is it possible that speech-dispatcher 0.6.1 could be
> crashing speechd-up even though it doesn't crash Orca's
> speech-dispatcher gnome-speech driver?

No, Speech Dispatcher cannot be crashing speechd-up. If Speech
Dispatcher crashes, the connection dies and SpeechD-Up complains
in the logfile /var/log/speechd-up.log and quits.

Could you please send me the logfile and preferably also a backtrace
of SpeechD-Up crash? You need to run it in gdb with the -s option given
to speechd-up and you need to do
	thread apply all bt

Please let me know if you need more instructions.

Thank you,
Hynek Hanke