ttsynth configuration

Scott Ford scotte.ford at gmail.com
Sat Dec 29 11:15:42 EST 2007

Hello everyone,

      I received the ttsynth for Christmas.  I have been able to get it to
work on my 32bit machine, and 64 bit machine, running under gnome.  I cannot
seem to get it to work on either machine under speakup in terminal mode.  I
cannot get spk-connect to compile under x64, I had a friend look at it and
was able to get it to use the audio lib; however I guess it puked on one of
the ibm lib's.  There was also a memory issue, stating that it was not
valid.  When I ran it on my I386 box I was able to get it to compile;
however it also gave me a invalide memory value of some kind.  I do get a
binary that I can execute.  I do not know how to tell if it is actually
running though.  I suspect that it is not running because when I issue the
modprobe speakup_sftsyn command.  I receive a fatal module speakup_sftsyn
not found.  I have been reading and trying to figure this out.  I am not
doing so good.  Does any one know what I am doing wrong?  Thanks for any
help.

Scott