debian email setup

Keith Barrett lists at barrettpianos.co.uk
Sat Dec 22 14:09:08 EST 2007

I downloaded and installed debian 4.0 from Shane some time ago.

Have a few days off work over the holidays so thought I would try and get
e-mail working.

Anyone know of any documentation for this, needs to be basic as aparte
from the installation, I have little knowledge of linux.

Would mutt be a good starting point?

Been googling and I find that most of the docs assume some knowledge.

Also, note that things are happening with gnome and ubuntu?  Is this now
workable or is command line and speakup still more reliable?

Thanks