Fedora 8 boot menu keyboard does not work

Juan Hernandez jh_ml at netplus1.com
Sat Dec 22 09:08:04 EST 2007

Hi there,

I began the installation for fedora 8 on my linux box and found a problem.
My keyboard does not seem to work at all at this prompt.  I know that my
keyboard works just fine because of the following:

First let me give some background info:

I have a sony vaio rc210g desktop, this runs windows.  My linux box is a hp
pavilion desktop. (these two computers share a keyboard and mouse and
monitor via kvm)
-- I have never had any problems installng linux, fedora 7 went on the hp
box just fine.

1.  I tried the dvd in my sony vaio desktop, the menu worked just fine.
2.  I tried the dvd in my notebook computer, worked fine.
3.  my wife hhas a sony vaio rc210g as well, and when I put the dvd in her
computer it worked just fine.

The keyboard and mouse are wireless... There is a wireless receiver that
plugs in via usb.

I unconnected the hp desktop from the kvm, and plugged the receiver into it
directly, this did not work.

Is there anything else I can try?  I don't have another keyboard at the
moment.

Thanks.