Ot Help choosing a linux compatible sound card

Nick Stockton nstockton at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 20:12:04 EST 2007

Hey all,
I was wondering if anyone had some advice on a good sound card that would be
Linux/windows compatible.
It can be either 5.1 or 7.1.
At the moment I have a set of Logitech Z-5500 5.1 speakers so it doesn't
really matter as long as the card can play 5.1.
The card must have a SPDIF optical toslink port and be able to pass through
AC3 and DTS streams to my receiver.
I'd also like it to have bit-perfect playback using ASIO supported natively
for when I'm in windows so I can bypass windows kmixer but I could probably
live with out this as long as it supports DTS pass through in 48 and 44.1 to
my receiver and doesn't sound to bad.
Above all though I'd like it to be supported by alsa in Linux.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

Nick