Announcing 64-Bit Speakup Modified Fedora

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Thu Dec 6 19:11:47 EST 2007

We're pleased to announce the release of new x86_64 installation media for the
Speakup Modified Fedora Distribution. Once again we invite you to use our
images and installation guidance to install Fedora 8, also known as
"Werewolf," using your hardware speech synthesizer and the Speakup screen
reader on your 64-bit computing system.  Downloadable images and documentation
are available at our Internet address:

http://SpeakupModified.Org

You can also access our files using ftp or rsync with commands like:

ftp://ftp.SpeakupModified.Org/speakupmodified/fedora/
rsync -l speakupmodified.org::speakupmodified

The Speakup Modified Fedora provides:

*	installation media adapted expressly for
   those blind computer users who want to use the Speakup Linux screen reader
to install a Fedora-style Linux on their computers. This means that the blind
computer user will not require sighted assistance, and that the end result
will be an installation that talks every time it is booted.

*	Other assistive technology including Brltty, Emacspeak, Espeak,
*	Gnome-Speech-Espeak, Orca, and the newly released
Tiresias large-print fonts.  It's all there--in the installation
*	images.

*	Fast and robust Internet connections on our hosted servers, so
*	that your downloads can proceed at maximum speed

*	Our acclaimed HOWTO to guide you through the installation
*	process, including setup for Fedora's accessible graphical desktop.

*	A mini-howto about using telnet to install Werewolf -- particularly
*	useful for users who do not have hardware speech synthesizers.

*	A yum repository so you can update your Speakup Modified Fedora
*	distribution the easy way--overnight in your sleep, for instance.

*	Additional accessible applications such as the new Firefox 3 Beta

The newly released Fedora 8 is the most accessible Fedora yet. We're
pleased we can once again facilitate your installation of Fedora without sighted
assistance.

Enjoy!

The Speakup Modified Team

Janina Sajka,	Phone:	+1.202.595.7777;	sip:janina at a11y.org