getting started with linux
daniel.dalton47 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 07:57:20 EDT 2007
I am learning to program in c and I am looking to buy a machine to run
So I just have some questions.
1. I will just be doing the following:
using a text editor,
using the web and email a little bit,
Using the rockbox compilers I will install
and I will also be copying files to and from USB drives.
So my question is what sort of machine will I need? Would one with 633
mhz cpu 128 mb of ram and a 10 gb hard drive work. I am just getting
into this so I don't need the best results but would that run speak up
and linux fine?
2. Does speak up give me access to everything in linux including the
command line interface?
3. What is a good text editor for programming on linux? I need one that
does the indentation as well as saves with unix style line endings.
4. Will I have access to gcc?
5. Does anyone know of a basic linux guide?
6. How hard is speak up to install?
If someone could help me out with these questions I would greatly
More information about the Speakup