tripletalk & hotplug

John Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Fri Aug 3 18:09:55 EDT 2007

It occurs to me that I could rig up the hotplug subsystem to  initialize the
tripletalk synth when I plug in the USB cable.  Has anyone ever configured a
custom script to run via the hotplug system?

This would make some use of the USB cable on the tripletalk at least. Well,
it already supplies power, which is nice. I also have a doubletalk and I
always forget to turn it off and then before I know it the battery is dead.

But it would be pretty slick to be able to connect up the serial cable and
then the USB cable and have it start talking. It should be possible.

--
John Heim
jheim at math.wisc.edu / 608-263-4189
blinux-list at redhat.com