installing Slackware or debian via telnet?

Kirk Reiser kirk at braille.uwo.ca
Tue Feb 21 19:05:03 EST 2006

I will agree with Tom here.  I usually start with a knoppix or grml
disk to get a system up and then something I'm fond of doing is create
partitions and rsync the data from another box providing you have
network access.  I have install dozens of systems using this scenario
and it works quite well.  You just need to remember to use the
--exclude flag of rsync for things like /proc and directory structures
which are mounted on the machine you are rsync'ing from.  You also
need to remember to mount the root partition and run lilo with the -r
flag before rebooting.  I'm not sure about that flag though, I always
have to look it up before I do it.

  Kirk

phone: (519) 661-3061