Synthesizer Driver Question

Kirk Reiser kirk at braille.uwo.ca
Mon Feb 20 06:50:29 EST 2006

I believe it is a speakup problem.  The behaviour you are seeing is
common with synths that have long command strings such as the Dectalk
synths.  Of hand I can't remember whether the bns uses pitch shifting
for capitals or not but based on your experience it probably does.  If
that is the case you can get around the problem by having the synth
driver say 'cap ' or capital letter ' or comething avoiding the pitch
shift problem totally.

I believe there instructions on how to make the changes in the speakup
users manual but if not let us know and I'll post the commands here.

  Kirk

phone: (519) 661-3061