Synthesizer Driver Question

ace ace at freedomchat.org
Mon Feb 20 00:21:44 EST 2006

Kirk and all,

I have been experimenting.  I have two devices with Double Talk chips
in them (My Romeo Pro 50 embosser and BrailleLite Millennium
40).  The embosser works well; it uses the ltlk driver.  There is,
however, a slight issue with the BNS driver in Speakup.  It is not
possible to adjust the pitch and, at times, this becomes necessary as
the pitch will drop to a low level randomly.  Is this a Speakup issue
or a limitation of the BNS driver?  I notice the same problem with
DECTalk (dectlk)--here, it is possible to adjust the pitch level, but
it often jumps to a high level at times.

Robby