Speakup and Emacs-Speak

Marcel Oats moats at orcon.net.nz
Sun Feb 12 23:33:06 EST 2006

I've not actually tried this on the Debian stable system I am playing with
here, but generally, there's a bit of setting up to do: in version 23 of
emacspeak, which is the newest one, they recommend you obtain a copy of
Linux Out Loud, from a website that appears not to exist anymore.
I think there is a way to get it to use an external synth though.
There are howtos on ldp, but they seem to be older.
emacspeak.sourceforge.net
has a nice installation manual.

Marcel