Problem Making Ramdisk to Start Speakup Automatically

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Sun Feb 20 15:06:13 EST 2005

Pressing tab only completes as much of the command as can be
automatically completed. In other words, if there is more than one file
or directory name that starts with the chars 2.6. tab completion cannot
continue until you supply it the disambiguating data. Use:

ls -1

to learn what that is. Undoubtedly, you have several installations of a
2.6 kernel.

To answer your other question, the mkinitrd command is one command. You
can either enter it all at once, without pressing enter, or you can
press the back-slash key to continue your command on a new line. But,
you must enter one command.