ot; cleaning up noise in music files

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at charter.net
Fri Oct 29 21:59:04 EDT 2004

Hi all.
a friend wants me to convert some of her cassettes of music to cds. My only
problem is that it's obvious that some of these were originally on record
albums and the cassette version has retained the nice bacon-and-egg-frying
sounds of scratchy records. Is there a way for me to get rid of some of
this noise? I do recall that gramofile has some noise filtering but I seem
to have a hard time getting through gramofile's menus and getting the
result i want.

Just to explain: I'm doing this by making wav files from the
cassettes and then making audio cds.
Thanks.

--
Cheryl